dicktracynoir_front
FanFix June 01, 2021 3419
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I had watched this movie as a kid when it was in theaters. I had good memories of it, but had given up on trying to watch it as an adult - the movie seemed too outlandish and childish for me to get back into. I was excited to learn about this fanedit and watched it recently. It's very well-done and captures the spirit of the original without the jolting kids-movie elements that initially turned me off to this as an adult. I won't say this is a mature adult film now, because the base footage is just never going to compare to films like The Dark Knight or Logan, but this fanedit is about as good as this film can get.

The soundtrack additions are seamless and add a lot to the film, really making this feel like a noir film and matching the black and white aesthetic. The edits themselves are well done and nothing is jolting or out of place. If you didn't already know this was a fanedit, you probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Bravo to Wakeupkeo for taking on a challenging film and making it palatable, allowing me to rediscover some of those childhood memories.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments