FanFix June 30, 2023 1532
(Updated: September 13, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was looking for a minimal edit of this excellent movie, and I got it. Very nice overall.

I must say, I was very tempted to give this edit 1 star across the board because of the disgraceful act of removing the hockeypads dad joke towards the beginning. Oh the humanity!!!!

I really liked the trimming down of the sonar. It really helped the action flow much better. I never realized how disruptive it was until I saw this edit where things looked so much smoother.

I will not spoil anything, but I also wholeheartedly agree with changing the coin toss result at the end. The theatrical version of it, in my opinion, was a bit nonsensical.

As I look at the change-log after watching, I find myself agreeing with everything except for only one thing. I found the removal of the civilian stopping himself from blowing up the other ship a bit jarring. I liked the contrast with the criminal ship.

Edit: Removed prior criticism pertaining to removing the civilian who would not use the detonator. It took me a day and further explanation by the editor, but I now uderstand the removal. There was no need to include what would be an obvious end result.

Thank you for this edit. It is now my official version of the movie.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments