FanFix May 21, 2023 2922
(Updated: July 10, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The Dark Knight was a phenomenal movie and in no way did I had the same expectations from the third Dark Knight film. Actually, when I first saw it in cinema I liked it, although I was "feeling" something was off that I couldn't quite put my finger on because I was blinded by the excellent cinematography by Christopher Nolan. When I got past that, in future re-watches, I started to see aaall the problems with this movie and my enjoyment factor dropped to like a 6.

Technical wise, the audio and visual editing was outstanding! I didn't notice or "felt" that something was tampered with at any time.

On the narrative side of things, this edit salvaged the movie for me. I had watched a more aggressive edit before this and it didn't work at all. A quick note, the editor explained to me in a message his thoughts about Bruce/Batman retiring for the past 8 years, after like a couple adventures as Batman, and it really helped me to see this particular thing from another perspective and actually saved the first 40 minutes of the movie for me, because I could not stand it at first.

Also, as I mentioned above, the editor changed the ridiculous way that Blake knows Wayne is Batman. I mean, what, orphans have a secret code or something and see through each other? I wouldn't even have thought that this could be done, excellent job!

Loved the trimming of some scenes and dialogue here and there and the alteration of the time the bomb goes off. But, there is one part that the editor chose to keep and it was a shame. That Batman lives at the end and we see him at the cafeteria in Paris. I think, since how this trilogy went, it would have been a great ending if the editor changed the scene, as some others have done, and let him make this final sacrifice for Gotham. And if someone wants a more happy note, we can leave Blake finding the Bat cave, something that the editor has removed.

Besides that, definitely check this edit out! I mean, if you didn't quite enjoy the third movie and you want to have a closure when you rewatch Nolan's trilogy, this edit is the way to go! I know for me it will.

Thank you DonkeyKonga for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

P.S. The editor of kind enough to work on two minor complaints I had with the edit and made this just perfect! Of course, I changed my review accordingly. Thanks again!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 01, 2023

Thanks for the review man! I agree on Talias reveal feeling a little fast but that's what happens when you 180 the entire narrative and try to make it work lol.

I will look into the Robin knows hes batman reveal. Maybe if I work a bit with the pitch I can make it glow better.

Glad to hear I salvaged it! That's really all one can hope for when editing a film. ❤

Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments