Review Detail

8.2 14 10
FanFix July 15, 2012 11580
(Updated: August 29, 2012)
Enjoyment

I am a huge X-Men fan, and truly X-Men Origins was a movie I was anxious to see. After the beautifully crafted mysterious hints at Wolverine’s past in X1 and X2, I wanted nothing more than a full movie to expand that story.
The end result, however, was a disappointment. They used bad special effects, changed key aspects of several characters we’ve seen in other films already, and did the opposite of fan service to most of the new characters that hadn’t been realized in film before. The story was convoluted and full of twists and fake-outs that fall flat.

Luckily, Havok has stepped in to create a version that gets rid of a lot of what I would say made Origins a bad movie. He’s masterfully created a version that won’t make you angry while watching, and that works fairly well with the other X-Men movies.

I liked most of what I saw, but did see things that I would have cut with your intent in mind. For example, the helicopter fight could have been trimmed a little more. I won’t argue though. Great job, this movie can finally settle in my stomach!

The DVD was a little bare-bones, I would have liked to see something else on there, like your trailer, or some short featurette where you explain why you cut and kept what you did. Not bad though, the video and audio were very nice quality.

I voted 8/10
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments