FanFix March 19, 2023 4717
(Updated: November 20, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I haven't watched the Clone Wars in years so I'm coming at this with more or less fresh eyes. I've only watched season 1 so far, but it's fabulous! Removing the cheesy scenes and episodes, and then restructuring it makes it so enjoyable! And moving some of the major storylines earlier and then having the themes run through the whole series is really really good. I can't imagine how much organizing it took to restructure it to this level (I'm picturing a wall full of red thread and sticky notes, like a crime board!). Thank you for all your hard work, and I'm looking forward to watching the rest!

EDITED TO ADD: I just finished all the seasons and this is phenomenal! The editor took away all the silly cheesy, annoying things (but not all the humour) and turned this into an absolute epic. The build up to the inevitable end was just heart-breaking, but in a stunningly good way.

Yes, there were some scenes and dialogue (especially in the earlier) episodes that were still kind of painful, but they were shorter and were the fault of the original material, not the editing. I also loved the new introductory and closing music and the artwork at the end. Overall, this was much more adult storytelling and...just better in every way.

This will be my go-to version forever more! Thank you for all your hard work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments