FanFix February 01, 2019 6718
(Updated: March 15, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Caveat: I haven't watched the original version of the movie since it came out. And while I did enjoy it at the time, I didn't feel it was as good as some of the other MCU films.

So with that out of the way, I'll say that this fanedit was excellent. I couldn't tell what was cut or added, and everything flowed well and made sense. Very seamless. I definitely enjoyed Civil War more this time than when I first watched it, and I credit this edit with helping a lot. I also watched it immediately after Winter Solder and Ultron (Bobson Edit), and feel that these three films form a really nice trilogy. And I felt a lot of emotion watching the final fight in Civil War. More than I felt previously.

There were only two very brief moments where I thought I detected an abrupt or possibly slightly-out-of-place edit. One with Zemo in his hotel and another with Zemo at the airport, but both instances were blink and you'll miss them and I can't be sure that they weren't that way in the original edit.

Those two VERY small quibbles aside, this is a nearly flawless and highly enjoyable fanedit of Civil War. I highly recommend, and I don't think anyone watching it would be able to tell that it wasn't an official cut of the film. Nice Work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments