9.6 4 10
Extended Edition January 16, 2010 3604
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is quite an old edit but still a worthy one. I've been asked to put together a list of 250 Must See movies, and Body Heat makes that list. It's possibly the best modern Noir film ever made, and something I'd never ask for a fanedit of.

That said, there are 5 deleted scenes reincorporated into the film flawlessly here, making up about 9 minutes of footage, and none of them are bad. The argument is simply if they slow down the frenetic pace of the film or not (I think they do) and whether you prefer that or not (I think I don't). In this form, it's a bit of a slower, more methodical film, which certainly is a valid alternative way to view, though I think I probably will stick to the theatrical cut in the future.

On the plus side, there is one extra scene that I really do love in this: the one where Matty goes to console Ned after the botched first attempt. I won't spoil more accept to say that I think its inclusion would make the film even better. (My full review is here: https://boxd.it/5YWNU9 )

On the negative side, this is an older edit, from an older source. It doesn't even really look 720p to me, and that's a make-or-break for some people. The deleted scenes are basically the same quality though, so at least they blend in seamlessly.

TLDR: This is an early Wraith edit that seems to have slipped under the radar. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments