Blair Witch 2: RecutFeatured
- Removed all scenes of Jeff in the mental institution.
- Removed all the gore that intercuts with the opening credits. Opening music changed to Frank Sinatra's "Witchcraft".
- Removed all the murder flashbacks that play thru the film.
- Removed Kim staring at the horrible CGI owl at the foundation.
- Removed Tristen's vision of the drowned little girl at the hospital (cheesy and not scary at all)
- Removed the white flash of the Coffin Rock bodies appearing in the footage and Stephen saying bored it "reminded him of Coffin Rock". Makes no sense since they never videotaped the murders there.
- Removed Stephen's vision of the little girl walking backwards on the bridge (same reason, cheesy and not scary). Instead he only hears the shriek and gets startled but when he looks again it's gone.
- Removed Erica clawing Stephen's stomach. Instead the hallucination ends after she asks him about his markings.
- Removed rednecks throwing rocks at the van because of that blaring rock music that completely kills the mood of the subsequent scene when Kim sees the kids walking on the road. Kept the kids but changed the soundtrack to Carter Burwell's score.
- Removed Kim finding the bloody nail file in the beer bag as it gives away what happened at the store.
- All the flashbacks of Jeff drooling that white liquid were replaced by other moments of him in the hospital. The drool looks tasteless and stupid in my opinion.
- Removed child Erica staring at Stephen hanging from the broken bridge saying "You know who it is" as it makes no sense.
- Removed the owl crashing the window as it's just out of the blue and adds nothing to the plot.
- All the interrogation scenes were moved to the end of the film.
- End credits music replaced by "10538 Overture" by Electric Light Orchestra. I like Poe's "Haunted" but hated all the blaring rock music that played afterwards during the shaky camera footage, and Poe's song wouldn't work in that footage, so I've chose a song that would fit the whole ending credits sequence.
Great edit! I love the original version - even with it's inherent problems - but this new edit will be my go-to version when I watch this movie in the future. I'd compare this to Spicediver's Exorcist III edit... With no new footage, a movie has been improved upon simply by intelligently re-editing to more closely match the original directors vision. Well done Agent Sam!
A/V Quality - Good but slight pixelization, especially in dark scenes.
Visual Editing - Seamless expect for one transition.
Audio Editing - Same as above. Loved the music choices bookending the film. Witchcraft by Sinatra cracked me the fuck up!
Narrative - What Sam has done is amazing. He's taken a disjointed, subpar film and made it great. By reordering the scenes chronologically, the story now unfolds as a mystery. And by removing the over-the-top and ridiculous, it's a more psychological and serious film.
Enjoyment - I loved it! This is the definitive cut!
Thanks Agent Sam Stanley! :]X
Very nice. I just miss a few original seconds (Treacle), but it scared the h*** out of me (again). Good work.