TearsintheRain_front.jpg
FanMix June 29, 2014 8386
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

What we have here is a very creative take on a classic movie. First and foremost, the use of black and white is so effective it makes you wonder why Scott never released it this way in the first place. In addition, it's quite obvious that a lot of thoughts and planning went into the creation of this edit, for the movie remains consistent throughout even if the scenes have been reorganized. My only problem with the edit is the fact that the character of Gaff has been partially removed: prior to Deckard searching Leon's apartment, Gaff can been seen next to Deckard on the sidewalk, but seconds later he is not in the apartment. He could be considered a simple bystander waiting on the sidewalk if he was not to appear in a later scene (accompanying Bryant). Anyway, not very distracting for me to enjoy this edit!

As for the rest (music cues, editing, etc), this looked and sounded very professional to me. I look forward to watching future fanedits from ranger613. Speaking of the faneditor, I truly believe he did achieve his goals which were to offer us an edit from the replicants' perspective, and also present an innovative take of a movie he cherishes while being respectful to the source material. Thank you for that ranger613, I really enjoyed those 75 minutes from beginning to end!

Eric

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments