TearsintheRain_front.jpg
FanMix June 29, 2014 8371
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

So I just finished watching this edit. I knew going in that it was going to be in B&W and more from the replicants point of view but beyond that I didn't know anything about specific changes (I didn't read the cut list).

I love Blade Runner and I won't waste time and space in my review of rangerkris's edit to blab on about my feelings about which version of the movie is my definitive, and who I think Deckard is etc. But the fact that I love this movie made me all the more interested in seeing this fanedit.

This edit takes a pretty interesting narrative approach. I understand the difficulties involves in trying to make a coherent narrative when you're excising so much of the movie. I won't bother nitpicking about personal preferences and what I liked/didn't like but for the most part the narrative worked.

Audio editing was well done, I can be a stickler/whiner/nitpicker/complainer when it comes to audio but I had no problems or complaints with the audio work. Also, props on that smooth bit of audio editing where Roy is talking to Chew and says "where can I find this....father". Very cool.

Visual editing there were a few choices that I would have done differently, nothing super-jarring, and I think what I was noticing was often a result of the restructuring of the story.

A/V Quality: this was a tough one. I really liked the B&W, it worked great for a noir-ish movie like Blade Runner. However the video quality was variable throughout the movie. Certain scenes there was a noticeable drop in quality (i.e. pixellation, as Neglify mentioned in his review). Other scenes ended up looking great. So a bit inconsistent.

Enjoyment: This was a fun, fast-paced edit. Definitely worth a watch if you're tired of watching Blade Runner (whatever your preferred version is) and want to see it in a new way.

Nice work.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 03, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review my edit Gatos! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the kind words :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments