FanMix June 29, 2014 8378
(Updated: October 22, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As an avid BladeRunner enthusiast, both the film and the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep) I was a bit sceptical that cutting out all narratives besides the Nexus's, would leave an incomplete story.
Oh how wrong I was, this edit is lean, very lean, but it cuts right to the bone ... the initial question that Philip K Dick poses by writing the original book, "do androids Drea.... ", yeah, not that, although...
what is being sentient, are androids, or other "engineered" intelligence capable of emotions, aka dreaming ....
This story stands on its own as a rock against a brutal stormy shore.
Making the closing scene on the roof, and the tears in the rain speech more powerful.

I get that a lot of ppl will not see it that way and just think this is a way to lean version of BladeRunner, and yes, I still like the full fletched version, but this cut has captured a spot in my BladRunner heart, way above the final directors cut.

I gave "only" an 8 for visual editing because, although making the movie very moody, by choosing a black and white version, I don't think it really adds to the "tears in the rain" concept, and especially in the closing scene (the chase in the old house) which is very fast and a lot of visual detail, the lack of colours makes the scene way more confusing in my opinion.

Thank you for making this edit, it enriched a BladRunner fan's life

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments