Review Detail

9.5 28 10
FanFix April 27, 2008 10339
Enjoyment

I have been avoiding this edit ever since I first came to fanedit.org.

Why? For me, there have been soooo many commercially available versions of this movie, which I have them all, that I just wasn’t certain I wanted to watch another version. I generally don’t consider any movie a “sacred cow” – nofanedit could imrpove it in any way. I think somewhere in my sub-conscious, I have always thought that this movie should not be faneditted. Perhaps because there have been so many different versions since it was originally released.

I was battling a bout of insomnia the other week and was on the forum reading some posts and this edit was mentioned. So, I decided to at least read the reviews of the edit (which I never do before watching an edit). After reading a few edits, I found myself very intrigued and read them all. By the end, I was D/L-ing it.

I am VERY happy that I decided to finally D/L this edit. If you are reading my post, then you have probably read thru most of theones before me. This edit is definitely worth your time to download and watch – even if you have never watched this movie before, think this is a “sacred cow” movie or were never that into this movie after watching some commercial version of it.

I especially liked the option of turning on or off the voiceover; liked the editing overall (no hard cuts, audio/video near perfect) and all the extra scenes.

As much of a fan as I am of this movie and now, this edit – my only slightly negative thought: the additional scenes do slow the pace of the movie down, a lot, in some areas. However, the new scenes do add a great deal of depth to the characters and plot. I completely understand and agree, that BR is not an “action sci-fi” movie as a whole, so the slow-down doesn’t really affect the movie over all. Just wanted to mention that is slows (not bogs) down in some points.

Take it from a big fan of this movie: this edit is worth your time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments