Review Detail

9.5 28 10
FanFix April 27, 2008 10332
Enjoyment

Hello, I just wanted to say that this is the most amazing fan edit I’ve ever seen.
The SW edits with new roto-scoping and animations are great also. But for creating an ultimate edition from all available sources this is 99.9% perfect. When ADM said that the 5 disk set was a fan editors dream he wasn’t kidding, and results prove it. I really think what he’s done here has raised the bar for fan editing. I am still amazed by how he got 5 different audio options synched to fit into the same extended video. The interweaving between versions that he did is just masterful.
I wasn’t particularly impressed by ADM’s earlier works, but this is another fine example of suddenly finding your voice and exceeding all the expectations. ADM has outdone Ridley on this one! I consider this the most entertaining and definitive version of them all.
Now just to counterpoint my utter amazement with this accomplishment here are a few things that I would have done differently, these are only matters of personal taste though:
I was never bothered by the unicorn scene. I thought it was pretty in at least an eye candy / disposable way. I would have preferred it to stay in.
I would rather have the unicorn than the scene of Deckerd digging in his nose, :) . I had never seen that one before, and after seeing it I could have lived without it.
I prefer the original / alternate text opening with the Websters dictionary definition of replicant instead of the preachy “…this wasn’t called murder…” version. But I do believe that is only available on the WP so would be a rough fit and thrown off the great picture quality of the rest of the project.
A few things that where my faves were as others noted the sound clip from the alt. ending. I love when she says that in that clip but I couldn’t figure out how that could be shoe horned into an FE. I like your solution. Although it is just a little hard to hear if I wasn’t already familiar with it. Mabey it should have been louder or equalized a little higher. But on the other hand its more subtle and mysterious the way it is also. Also I love how you got almost all of the out-takes short version in there, especially the alternate “70′s” intro. Just wonderful and amazing!
A 5 out of 5 if there ever was one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments