batmanyear2_front
FanFix June 04, 2022 4865
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Having not seen the movie because of the 3 hour runtime, this was exactly what I was looking for. I watched one episode per night, for four nights. After the third episode I didn't have any complaints at all, I thought the whole thing was absolutely fantastic.

All of my complaints, in fact, come from things that happen in the fourth episode. Movie tropes that only detract from the movie.
*SPOILERS BELOW*
Catwoman leaves the city, then shows up at the exact moment Batman needs help. Why?
There's a child that was in the movie earlier, who happens to be the same child that needs to be saved in an action scene. It's the kind of thing that happens in movies, but why does it have to? It detracts from the realism.
Alfred turns out to be alive and well in the hospital after opening a letterbomb intended to assassinate Bruce Wayne. Why? So there can be a movie moment at the end where he and Bruce can say they love each other? It only neuters the scene where he 'died'.

Honestly if I were to edit this myself, it would literally just be DonKamillo's episodes 1 to 3. Just scrap the whole episode 4. I think it leaves the movie in a better place and the whole thing would be better off.

tl;dr Maybe just don't watch episode 4. The rest is fantastic.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply November 06, 2022

I tried to mitigate the Alfred being alive part, by having him wake up at the end of the whole thing instead of almost right after the bombing. There's not much more you could do IMO other than scrapping the whole scene which I didn't want to do, because Alfred is barely in the movie anyway :)

And catwoman doesn't leave and come back in my cut but she leaves and on her way out of the city gets stopped because of the flood. So she has no choice but to "come back" because she's stuck in the city anyway.

Glad you enjoyed the edit though (at least 75% of it ;) ) and thanks for the review!

C
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments