batmanyear2_front
FanFix June 04, 2022 4907
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First off thanks DonKamillo for making this a thing as this mini series was what The Batman movie should have been. I had difficulty seeing the movie through to its end even after a second determined viewing finding it much to slow to get any enjoyment out of the way the story was being told. DonKamillos 4 part series makes The Batman much more accessible narratively as the dark detective uncovers more about the situation around him per episode you find yourself more invested in the characters.

The editing and episode intros are floorless, nice work DonKamillo. The only thing I would say though is I found there to be some on scene artefacts and colour banding around a few of the darkest scenes as well a green tint to the series which gave an unnatural light to the shadows (also found in the original film!) when watching through the intended 16-235 limited colour range setting.

As DonKamillo only has 4k HEVC versions I needed to convert the files into 1080p h264, as I'm not able to play 4k HEVC without films stuttering. While converting I played around with colour grading to remove the green tint which removed most of the colour banding and the results are subtle seem more natural, comparison image examples here: https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/the-batman-year-two-miniseries.24857/post-399813

I spent a bit more time then most with DonKamillos The Batman: Year Two Miniseries when converting and colour grading and so was able to enjoy every bit of his quality edit, Well done DonKamillo look forward to your other projects.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments