FanFix June 04, 2022 4832
(Updated: June 18, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Say one thing for Don Kamillo, say he's a master.

Se7en is one of my all-time top 5 favorite movies, and so I was rather pleased to learn that The Batman was a love letter to it. As such, The Batman is hands down my favorite Batman film, and now also one of my all-time favorites, despite having a few gripes here and there.

I watched this edit over the course of 3 days, as was (almost) intended, and Don Kamillo has either removed my gripes entirely, or tweaked them in such a way that I don't mind them so much.

In short, I personally thought that the Joker scene should have been a mid-credits scene, and I feel the deleted scene was better left out, but DK used the deleted scene extremely well, and I don't mind the other one, so it's a minor complaint.

That's it. That's the only thing I have to complain about here. Everything written in the "Changes" tab was directly responsible for my increased enjoyment of this edit over the original film. ESPECIALLY ending with the Alfrid hospital scene over the Catwoman Motorcycle scene. Seriously, I have only good things to say here.

Did you like The Batman? Check this out.
Did you dislike The Batman? Check this out.

I cannot recommend this edit enough.

Infinite props to you here DonKamillo, I'll be watching this edit for years to come.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I had a few other minor gripes when I first saw this edit, and DK fixed/tuned them up within a week. Guy's a trooper.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
Top 500 Reviewer 27 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
June 29, 2022
"ESPECIALLY ending with the Alfrid hospital scene..."

I see you're still having PTSD from spending too much time editing The Hobbit Trilogy ;)
D
donkamillo
1 results - showing 1 - 1