batmansilentpete_front
FanFix May 02, 2023 1449
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a great, streamlined version of Batman 89. The storytelling in the original version is so weak, so it's hard to do much to change that. The deletion of Jack being the Waynes' killer is great and handled well (with some clever audio editing). Taking out the Vicki romance is a great idea, but it leads to a couple problems. Mostly that it leaves us with fewer Bruce Wayne scenes, which the original version was already lacking. There are also a few instances in the first half of the movie where the cuts between deleted scenes are awkward. There are three Jack/Joker scenes that are scrunched together and don't make a lot of sense timing wise. I also missed the Smilex subplot. But you've gotta make cuts somewhere if you want a shorter movie.

However overall I really enjoyed it. Moving the opening credits was an inspired idea (even though I personally would have cut to black before them instead of fading in, but that's complete nitpicking). The museum scene was MASTERFUL visual and audio editing. You should watch it just for that if you're on the fence. Thanks so much for letting me watch, Silentpete!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments