batmansilentpete_front
FanFix May 02, 2023 1436
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have a weird relationship with this movie. First of all, I grew up with Tim Burton's Batman films. At first I loved them both. Later, I only liked the first one and recently, when I rewatched them in preparation for the extremely mediocre Flash movie, I realized that I prefer the second one because a) it was more "mature" because Burton had the experience with the first and bigger budget, and b) Batman (1989) was just sooo long.

This edit is a testament to how useless was the romance between Bruce and Vicky. Plus, I didn't mind at all the light trimming of some of Joker's over the top silliness and the removal of him being the one that killed Bruce's parents. I didn't miss the removed scenes for a second and if this would be your first viewing of the movie, I guarantee you would never even know that there was a romance between Bruce and Vicky. That's how good this edit is. So, job well done SilentPete!

The reason I removed one point from narrative is because at the beginning at the gala where Knox and Vicky go, Knox nods Vicky to check out Gordon because he is discussing something seemingly important with the police officer, but then we abruptly cut to the scene in the armory room where Vicky and Knox went and Bruce enters and tells them he bought the armor in Japan. I was like, what? but this my only complaint.

For anyone who felt that either Batman was too long or the romance was unnecessary, this is your edit! I assure you this will be your go-to version in the future! I know it will be for me!

Thank you SilentPete for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments