Review Detail

9.2 20 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is, in fact, the first fanedit I've ever watched, and I'm glad it was this one. INIGHTMARES has done a phenomenal job at touching up and recreating Scaperat's original edit.

The noir-like colour grading reminiscent of Sin City was something I was a great fan of, and it made me realise how strangely well this movie works in B&W. The inclusion and touching-up of the deleted scenes was incredible and strengthened the movie's story a LOT. The removal of certain parts helped tighten up the pacing.

However, a problem I have with this edit overall is that it attempts to transform the movie into something that's just impossible: a darker, less campy take on Batman. I admire Scaperat's attempts a lot, but the colourful goofiness is just something that was always permanently a part of Batman Forever's identity. I also just plainly prefer that the embracing of the camp in general, to be fairly honest.

In conclusion, I think that this is a phenomenal fanedit of one of my favourite Batman movies that, while I don't personally agree with in some parts, is still just an incredible piece of work that Scaperat and INIGHTMARES should receive praise for. I still wouldn't call it the ideal way to watch Batman Forever, but it IS an improvement.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
C
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments