FanFix November 12, 2023 747
(Updated: December 15, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I had forgotten how the original ending is bland, boring and predictable as hell; I personally hated it, though it was against the theme and it didn’t make any sense for Baby’s narrative arch. If you’re showing a kind of Bonnie and Clyde lookalike story (they get a few mentions in the film, just to remind the audience), the story either ends just like they did or it allows the duo to run away. In the original, the writers opted for a middle ground between these two, which doesn’t land at all.

The ending here is perfect, the narrative arch becomes fully completed and it just makes sense for the characters. Well done!

Just a few audio issues I’ve found:
- there was a bad audio snippet (lasting 0.1-0.2 sec) at 40m27, looks like a leftover from editing.
- at 1h13m00, the song goes perceptively out of rhythm, because of an added cut.
- at 1h26m59, there’s a noticeable audio volume drop and some static; checked the original film just to be sure and it’s not present there.

Edit 15/12/2023:
- all audio issues are fixed on v2.0, I've udpated my score accordingly

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 10, 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to review it! And for leaving me timestamps to work on! I will get right on fixing there and let you know after I'm done. And I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments