FanFix November 12, 2023 747
(Updated: December 08, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm the biggest Edgar Wright fan, so seeing any single one of his movies being edited by someone on here instantly gets me excited, however I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly skeptical due to how perfect I think Baby Driver is.

Flippy sticks to pretty much the same narrative as the original film, assides from a few tweaks here and there (most notabley the ending), which is in my opinion the best way to go for this sort of film. It works really well with this new pacing and is a really nice and easy watch to go through. I read on Flippy's initial thread that he wanted to fix Kevin Spacey's sudden change of heart at the end of the movie, and while I wouldn't say the charecter is improved upon here, he is far more consistant with his tone and works great as a comic relief charecter.

If I'm being brutally honest there are a few audio issues here and there which pop up specifically in the 35-45 minute range mark, but nothing too bad as these are super easy fixes with extra sound effects and better placement in the mix. And while I can't think of anything in specific, visually I remember thinking some stuff was kinda jumpy when it came to the visual side of things. This clearly isn't a big deal though as I can't even really remember it (also could be the fact I'm so used to the original).

You should be really proud of yourself Flippy, good work!
Owner's reply December 10, 2023

Thank you very very much for the review, I will get right on those changes to make this as perfect as possible! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me improve!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments