9.8 28 10
Extended Edition October 24, 2019 13298
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A fantastic extended edition by Bobson Dugnutt which almost tackles my main complaint about the theatrical cut; I’ve always felt that adding the Twins, especially Quicksilver, was more of a contest between Marvel Studios and Fox (developing Days of Future Past back then) to present their own version of Magneto’s offspring than a crucial storytelling addition. A couple of extra scenes gives them some required depth and eventually make Pietro’s death much more relatable. Another thing that I particularly appreciated was the Hulk in the jungle as well as the Norns cave scenes. They bring a level of darker tone and creepiness that I miss from the MCU. The VFX by the editor on the extended “Watch your Six” scene, removing the green screen, were seamless and so is his editing as a whole. The only real problem I could spot was some small sound desynchronization in the aforementioned scene, but since it is the 1.7 version I watched, I suppose there’s a fix for that in some updated version. In conclusion, Bobson Dugnutt’s Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition is definitely my canon edition from here on!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments