9.8 28 10
Extended Edition October 24, 2019 13294
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Avengers: Age of Ultron was always a film that needed more. It had a lot of ground to cover: following up from the previous Avengers movie, dealing with the new threat of Ultron, and setting up for the remaining Infinity Saga. Infinity War and Endgame make Age of Ultron even more vital to the Saga. In that regard, adding more to Ultron to flesh out some of the characters and add to the story are welcome additions.

Bobson Dugnutt has done this with amazing skill. All deleted scenes added back flow organically with the story and only add to the narrative, both the Ultron movie itself and the entire Infinity Saga. He has expanded on the earlier samspider3 fan-edit by finishing the FX in one scene and including even more deleted scenes. One in particular I like is a bit of Hulk rampaging through the jungle on his way to Johannesburg. This was a nice add, as the battle at the shipyard is on the African coast, and Jo'burg is nowhere near the coast. The rampage adds a bit of nice continuity.

This edit now takes its place in my personal MCU collection while my blu-ray can stay on the shelf. This is the go-to version to watch.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments