amazingspiderpart2_front
FanFix February 26, 2023 1980
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The biggest thing keeping me back from replacing the original cut with this one is the rescoring. Hans Zimmer's score for this movie was fantastic, and I really don't see why a lot of it was removed here. It leaves scenes sounding awkward, and a lot of the songs that are used to replace don't really fit and feel generic. This is the biggest piece of feedback I can give this edit.

Narratively, Electro being a more secondary villain works in a way, but it leaves his motivation empty and his ultimate contribution to the plot non-existent.

Other than those things though, this is a great edit! The intro sequence with New York, New York is really great and putting Rhino there feels really cool and makes a lot of sense. Removing the Peter and Gwen re-break up plot was only a good thing, because it felt pointless and superfluous in the original cut. The ending is also pretty good (and look, I love The Lord of the Rings, but that soundtrack does not fit in Spider-Man). It gives good closure to the parents storyline, and having the movie end with Peter not being Spider-Man is good, because the original cut devalues Gwen's death waaaaaaay to quickly.

If Lantern is still looking to fix this edit up, those are the things I would recommend changing. Going back to the original score from most of the re-scores, and giving Electro back more motivation. If those things were changed, it would greatly increase my motivation to replace the original TASM2 with this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments