amazingspiderpart2_front
FanFix February 26, 2023 1974
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I am glad to have had the opportunity to watch this! There were some things I enjoyed, but others I could not get past.
I enjoyed the cutting of Peter and Gwen breaking up again, as it felt repetitive to have them break up in the first one, get back together, and then break up again. It does help the first part of the movie breath a bit, and gives more time to focus on the new additions of Max and Harry.
Max's intro is much better, making him not a complete cringe fest this time around. Giving Harry more time in the beginning is also helpful.

The trimming and shortening of cringe was done as well as it could be, but the main thing that took me away from all of this was the rescoring. I admire the author's ability to rescore, as it is quite an undertaking. Many of the songs just did not fit, and the result were missing sounds from the movie from cutting the soundtrack. The Times Square sequence just sounded flat.

I like the direction the Editor was going for. Moving scenes around helped a bit, and adding deleted scenes as well. Maybe there just is not much more that could be done to improve the movie. I just wish there was more to work with to streamline the whole thing.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments