All Work and No Play & The Prom: A Stephen King Double FeatureFeatured
- Driving to the Overlook is cut
- Entering the Overlook is cut
- Interview with Ullman is trimmed
- The guided tour is trimmed
- Danny sees the twins is cut
- Tour thru the kitchen of Halloran is trimmed
- Torrance waking up is cut
- Walking thru the maze is cut
- Meeting Lloyd the first time and Wendy talks to Jack about the woman in room 237 is cut
- A lot of (short) cuts in scenes in the whole movie
- Scene of Halloran in his bedroom is cut
- Conversation between Grady and Jack is trimmed
- Halloran entering the hotel is trimmed
- Danny writes Murder on the door is cut, there is no "murder" on the door
- Alternative opening with new credits
- Shower scene is trimmed
- Carrie by the principal is cut
- The Mother of Carrie visiting the Mother of Sue is cut
- Some cuts in dialogue between the Mother and Carrie
- Locked up in the closet is trimmed
- Some scenes in the house of Carrie are cut
- The first exercise scene with the girls is cut
- The first scene between Chris and Billy is cut
- The first scene between Sue and Tommy is cut
- Tommy buying clothes for the prom is cut
- Some scenes at the prom are cut
- Carrie entering her house is a little trimmed
- Some little trims in the whole movie
All Work and No Play by Jack Torrence
I never knew that such a movie as The Shining, could ever change in such a total different way.
No spoiler alert, I could say, you make a total different version of The Shining.
There is so much changed that you really have to pay attention.
Me, as a admirer of The Shining, had to analyze the movie three times to figure out the changes. Small and not to expect changes.
I give as advice to any other viewers.
Do not compare with the original, because there is no comparison.
This Fanedit is called “All Work and No Play”, this is what I give as advice.
Maniac, you must have to have a rich imagination to accomplish this !
You’ve succeeded again, Maniac.
Highlights in editing and sound editing with ratings:
1. A lot of dialogue cuts. 10/10
2. The use of existing sound with new images 10/10
3. Penderecki & Ligeti’s soundtracks mixed together, it works very well 10/10
Maybe it's easy to change a scene from color to b/w but……… only when you understand where you should post this.
Exactly ! The Gold Room. Perfectly done. Maniac, you’re a genius !
I understand your way of thoughts.
Go see this ! Go see this ! Go see this !
Thanks for this genius masterpiece.