alien5_front
FanFix November 12, 2020 9988
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Choosing to include this as part of my ALIEN series rewatch in preparing for ALIEN ROMULUS' upcoming release, I was honestly stunned with how much I enjoyed this fanedit and how much of an improvement I feel this cut is above the theatrically released one. Wraith's use of the deleted/ supplemental material to reforge the missing first act does absolute wonders for creating more investment in the characters and setting a more suspenseful and alienating (no pun intended) tone for the proceedings, and the new coda at the end is absolutely chilling. The editing and scoring work Wraith has done to integrate the new material is smoothly done throughout, and the more thoughtful and deliberate pacing throughout the new cut of film goes a long way to realigning it to feel better akin to the earlier (and personally best) films in the series. Wraith's cut will be the version of ALIEN COVENANT I watch going forward when I revisit the series in the future; this is the version I wish Ridley Scott and Fox has released. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments