FanFix November 12, 2020 10001
(Updated: December 07, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

When Alien Covenant was announced as a sequel to Prometheus, I was left wondering if it would be as convoluted and filled with holes just like it's predecessor, leaving the viewer not only wondering what the hell happened in the production of the movie but what Ridley Scott was thinking in making the movie the way he did. Previews and promotional material of this movie had the viewer seeing so much potential but it was again, just like Prometheus, pissed away in the editing room, coming in a day late and a dollar short.

Thankfully, Wraith chose to undertake turning this mediocre outing in the Alien franchise into another incredible journey in filmmaking. The skill, talent, and effort Wraith has put into taking this film and reworking it into a thing of beauty is something to be experienced. He's not only re-imagined the movie, he's redefined it as a sequel, using deleted scenes, trailers, promotional material, unused music cues from other parts of the series, as well as extensively re-arranging the material so that it flows beautifully so that it now makes complete sense, is cohesive in it's storyline, and answers all the questions the viewer thinks about while watching the movie.

I don't look at this edition of Alien Covenant as just a simple fan edit. It's far more than that. It's a stunning, brilliant fan edit that brings so much more depth to the characters that you actually now care about each and every character rather than throw your hands up in the air about what happens on screen. The amazing work Wraith has done with this project must be seen to be believed. This is not the same movie Ridley released in the theater. You'll be astonished at how much better this movie is now that it's been lovely restored by Wraith.

For me, this is the definitive version of Alien Covenant, with all other fan edits falling by the wayside in comparison.

Do yourself a favor: get this edit and add it to your collection of Alien fan edits. You won't regret it.

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments