Review Detail

9.1 9 10
FanFix June 30, 2012 5620
Enjoyment

Technically speaking the edit is great. Considering the source material, the picture and sound quality was very good, with no noticeable glitches anywhere (I watched the .avi version). If it were cut this way for television it would be watchable (at least by to their standards). Taking out the “brink of war” aspects makes the movie go faster and isn’t really missed except for…
(SPOILER AHEAD)
My only real problem with this version is the ending. In my opinion it was too abrupt. You should have used the extended version to at least show how Ed Harris survived because it looks like he died being carried into the ship. There also doesn’t seem to be any reason for the aliens to help the crew back to the surface, or to show themselves for that matter. Just because they seemed interested in the crew, and what was happening on the ship or with Harris’ character, the aliens could have stayed hidden and no one on the surface would have ever known they were around.
I enjoyed this version a lot, but if I hadn’t seen both of the DVD version I’d have never been able to figure out what happened or why at the end.

Picture/Sound – 8 (but that’s no more then I’d give the original DVD)
Editing – 9 (Flawless, except for the above)
Overall – 7 (Really good up until the last 5 minutes.)
M
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments