A View To A Kill: The LS CutFeatured
and anyone who has shown an interest in the edit
- Slight cut when Bond enters the escape vehicle camouflaged as an iceberg, to remove the romantic scene with intelligence operative Kimberly Jones
- Cut Bond’s line “There’s a fly in his soup” after Aubergine has been killed
- Sightly restructured the Eiffel tower scene as Bond chases after Mayday to try and Improve the flow
- Removed jumping platform when Mayday jumps off the Eiffel tower
- Cut Bond trying to pursue Mayday after she has jumped off the Eiffel tower
- As Bond and Tibbet are investigating the stables, have cut the fight scene which ensues with the security guards due to the comedic nature
- Bond is still waiting for Mayday in her bedroom, but we no longer see her get into bed with Bond. This is due to awkward jump cut which is present in the film (probably done to hide some unwanted nudity)
- Removed dialogue between Tibbet and Bond, which references the fight they had in the barn (as in this cut, the fight never happens)
- Trimmed scene where the guy who does not agree with Zorin’s Silicon Valley plan, is forced out of the airship and falls to his death. We only briefly see him fall now – this is to remove the blatant use of a dummy
- Trimmed dialogue between Pola Ivanova and Bond at the Spa, in an attempt to erase the most cringe worthy moments of not very subtle innuendo
- Re-edited the fight scene between Bond and Zorin’s henchmen at Stacy’s house. In an ideal world I would have completely cut this scene. However, the scene has to stay as it allows Stacy to trust Bond. Have tried to re-edit the scene to hide the awful wig one of the stuntmen is wearing as much as possible, and to sharpen up the sequence to improve what is in all honesty a pretty poorly put together fight scene. It’s still far from perfect mind (this involved some sound replacement work)
- Trimmed the fire truck chase sequence, in an effort to remove the silliest of moments and try to make the cops seem less like complete idiots
- As Bond is hanging from Zorin’s airship, removed the scene of him colliding with the radio mast, as it’s only there for comedy value
- Trimmed some of the over the top innuendo dialogue when Bond and Stacy are in the shower, just before end credits start
Credit should be given to LastSurvivor for their conservative edit of A View To A KILL.
From a purely technical standpoint the visual and audio edits are seamless and the picture quality is top notch. The main aim of this edit was to produce a tighter, less cartoonish farewell to Roger Moore's 007 and I feel LastSurvivor succeeded in that aim. There are several questionable scenes still present in the film but removing said scenes would have negatively impacted the narrative so I feel the editor was right to leave them in. It's fair to say the original was never a favourite of mine but this edit definitely improved my opinion of it. It's really rather impressive how much better the film is after removing only 007 minutes. I guess it's true what they say...
Less is Moore.