911cons_front
Special Projects October 19, 2023 994
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I admire the unconventional approach taken in this edit. It's rare to find projects on this site that blend multiple sources into a documentary/narrative hybrid. I agree with wraith that I'd like to see more. While the transitions between sources are noticeable, they don't disrupt the viewing experience. Instead, they provide a 'fly on the wall' sensation, offering a raw glimpse into the events. The project not only presents a clear depiction of that day but also serves as a time capsule, encapsulating the eras from which the sources are drawn. I was particularly thoughtful after seeing the differences in tone and general feeling of World Trade center (2003) and VICE (2018).

I've long sought a blend of factual representation and dramatization of 9/11, but most attempts in traditional media often feel overdone, especially reenactments seen on places like the History Channel. This edit, however, is executed with taste and respect, which I deeply admire.

For anyone interested in history or seeking to educate themselves on the lesser-known details of 9/11, I highly recommend this edit. I found it engaging and informative, and I'm surprised it wasn't recognized in some of the FEOTY categories. I eagerly anticipate greenturnedblue's next project.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
C
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments