911cons_front
Special Projects October 19, 2023 997
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a very unique and emotional edit, for me at least. The source material is so charged in memory that it is difficult to manipulate it without being exploitative, but I think @greenturnedblue really pulled it off. It feels like a high quality documentary, and the cinematic scenes are intercut very well with real-life news and personal videos. At no point did I feel like I was being shown something designed to artificially play on my emotions, and I got emotional more than once. Perhaps this has to do with me being in high school when it happened, old enough to remember.

There were a few technical issues randomly spread throughout that pulled me out of the moment for a second, mostly on the audio side, which is understandable given the many different sources. There was also a 20 minute section toward the end that I felt was a little too drawn out and slowed down the narrative, especially after the constant emotional gutpunch of the first 75%.

Overall this is well worth your time, and shows @greenturnedblue's strong editing talents, to combine so many sources so well.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments