Review Detail

8.0 17 10
(Updated: September 25, 2012)
Enjoyment

January 23, 2009

3Raz0r – Diary of a Dying Man – 16:00
This would have worked much better without the Dawn of the Dead movie footage. The movie soundtrack in particular was very distracting and took me out of the short every time. (3 stars)

Horrorgrind – The Virus – 11:09
Great campiness but this short felt like the first and last 5 minutes of a movie slapped together. (1 star)

Mollo – Das Zombi – 16:49
This was well paced and very atmospheric. Very ingenious. One of my favorites from this consecution. (4 stars)

CBB – Voodoo Island – 15:29
Drags its feet a little but well executed. (3 stars)

Blueyoda – Dead Awake – 16:18
Can’t review or rate my own entry.

Aztek463 – School’s in Session – 15:45
This one didn’t hold my attention at all. Technically well put together I guess but the source movie is just too awful for me to give this a higher rating. (2 stars)

ThrowgnCpr – Dawn of the Millennium – 15:21
The different sources don’t mesh perfectly but the daring concept makes this one of the highlights of this consecution for me. (4 stars)

Tranzor – In 20 Seconds 4:10
This one didn’t work at all for me. The monologue cards severely lacked personality and just felt lazily put together. Animating them as if it was real-time writing might have made me give this short a higher rating. (1 star)

Stomachworm – 2 Against the World – 15:17
This felt choppy and forced. (2 stars)

Uncanny Antman – Surviving an Undead Uprising – 5:31
Great concept, great song, several great moments make this my favorite. (5 stars)

Overall, I’m a bit disappointed by the lack of originality of some of the shorts but there’s enough variety on this DVD to please just about everyone so I’ll give it 4 stars.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments