(Updated: July 31, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A/V Quality
For the most part the A/V quality looked and sounded fine for a 3.25gb 720p file. I did watch it on my phone, so I'll update this review once I get a moment to see it on my computer. The last stand footage did seem to have a noticeable difference in the image quality. Wondering if this is mixed HD and SD sources.

Visual Editing
The visual editing is done well, but I do think it could benefit from some visual distance when doing time jumps. Adding more time during the fade to blacks and jump to blacks might help with the time and tone shifts. The visual editing during the Last Stand part of the movie created some visual confusion as to motivations and emotions of characters that didn't seem to be reflected in the narrative or dialogue. The ending shot felt a bit abrupt, but I understand why you cut it where you did.

Audio Editing
Some cuts felt abrupt, but they followed the visual editing style you chose to take. I did hear some audio cuts later in the movie. As with the visual editing during the time jumps, a few adjustments could help with the transitions.

Narrative Editing
I'll admit, I was a bit lost on this one. The opening scenes feel really disconnected and leave me a bit confused with all the time jumps and new characters. When LS comes back it feels like that movie had the other movies sandwiched between it. I understand what you were going for, but the story didn't flow for me personally.

Enjoyment
I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the Fox X-Men films, especially the movies sourced in this film. That being said, I felt confused with the narrative here so it was hard to really get into this edit. I did like the idea of the reunion at the end of the edit. My enjoyment score remains at the same for the source material.

It's a lofty goal to mix films that struggle to stand on their own two legs and create something out of it. Unfortunately for me, the ideas just didn't find footing in the source material and relied a bit too much on knowing what the next step of the narrative was supposed to be. A valiant effort.
D
Top 500 Reviewer 21 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments