FanMix August 15, 2012 7642
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit impressed me!

Wraith did a great job putting these together in a way that feels like a single story, particularly the way X1 and X2 are essentially combined. I'll mention a couple nitpicks about that though. The smaller one is keeping the pan to the "school for gifted youngsters" sign as Logan takes the bike out (which I see pedantic-contrarian also mentioned). It feels out of place and is a giveaway that we're watching a new movie now. And I was definitely surprised to see it happen again later. The bigger nitpick was that there is a significant amount of time between Mystique injecting the guard with iron and when the Magneto escape happens. Not a big deal on its own, but since we see that guard bring Prof X into the cell (twice) in the meantime, it feels like too much in-world time has passed too.

From a technical perspective, the editing is well-done, draws from all the appropriate sources (I noticed those X-Men Origins Wolverine shots!), and includes some nice flourishes.

Overall, this is likely to be how I watch these movies going forward. Maybe I'll return to X2 proper on its own, but this is an improvement over the original movies as a trilogy. Although the video quality is low, I was able to get used to that very quickly, and I wonder if it actually helps make the edit feel more cohesive by making visual differences between the movies less obvious. Plus, the movie looks better to me on my small 1080p compared to the big 4k TV I watched it on.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments