Review Detail

8.6 7 10
FanMix August 16, 2012 2649
Enjoyment

October 31, 2010 @ 2:47 am

Impressive disc, sir! I think I would give the actual movie a 5 or 6, as it just didn’t hold my interest as well as I’d hoped, but I’ll give the edit a 9. Everything is technically very well done (the unintentional brightening and darkening of the picture looks great!), the audio is good, the cuts are well done in an intentionally badly done way, the old commercials are lots of fun, etc… The thing that really gets me about this one is how in the audio commentary, he mentions that the extras are often overlooked in fanedits. That’s true, and I admit that often times they don’t thrill me either, as they’re just uninspired, which is part of the problem. On this disc, yowza! It’s Extraspalooza! Lots of fun stuff, including some genuinely interesting stuff that ties in directly to the movie. Oh, and having an entire Abbott & Costello movie as an extra is insane! :)

There are certain other things I’d like to mention but won’t (not here, anyway), cuz they mostly have to do with the easter eggs, which are GREAT! :D

I am going to give this edit a 9 overall, as it is one of the most jam-packed, fun discs I’ve ever seen come out of this site! I would recommend Tranzor’s “The Thing: Late Night TV Edit” over this one as the pinnacle of local TV station film butchery, but this is a worthy companion piece, especially if you already like the movie.

P.S. I’m going to post extra, spoiler-loaded comments in the thread for the edit, rightchere: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?3981-WTTV-Channel-1-New-York-Presents-the-Prowler
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments