FanFix September 23, 2021 7516
(Updated: September 27, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Rarely have I been so disappointed with a movie as with "Wonder Woman '84', and I was hoping this fan-edit would eliminate as much as possible of the childish story. Regretfully that is simply not possible with the available material. There is however no question about it that this fan-edit is an improvement.

Shortening the movie (bye bye prologue) and adding '80's music are great ideas and executed almost flawlessly. However, popsongs with vocals are too distracting during action sequences in my opinion. Instrumental pop-songs would have been no problem, but with vocals it turns into some kind of videoclip. And if possible, I'd avoid fading out each song. If the song itself has a solid ending (no fade-out) than try to use it, and time the last beat with a cut. Or have the music dissolve into some kind of sound effect that goes with the scene.
Eliminating the strange scenes with Wonder Woman's returned love interest having a different face at first is also entirely justified. It's just that in this way, she accepts the impossible strangeness of his return too easily, like it's perfectly normal.

Yet all in all I enjoyed this fan-edit more than the original, and the inclusion of different music not only works invigorating, but is also an incredible technical achievement of the editor.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments