ww84excel_front
FanFix September 23, 2021 7406
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

So, this is my third review of Wakeupkeo's work. As always, my quick thoughts on the original film first. I did not like it. Like, at all. I was just happy I got to see Cheetah in a live action movie, but that was it. So we are talking about an enjoyment factor around 2. Knowing this, I knew it would be a tough save, no matter how talented the editor. I mean, if you don't like the core of the movie, trimming the fat or restructuring stuff won't reinvent the wheel. That being said, I am a huge DC fan, so I'm willing to see what can be done with a bad entry in the DCEU and generally give it a shot.

Having seen two previous edits from Wakeupkeo, both of them DC films also, I wasn't expecting anything less than perfect in the audio/visual editing side of things. And that's what I got. And the interesting thing is that this movie had the most changes of all three films that I saw, which means no matter how high the bar is, Wakeupkeo is up to the task! So job well done!!

Now to the important part, the story/narrative. Did it save it for me? No it didn't. But man was it an improvement!! I did not miss those 42 minutes of the original film for a single moment! Nor was I able to spot or "feel" any tampering, in general, throughout the movie. The story was streamlined, gone 42 minutes of bad jokes and unnecessary scenes and of course, new 80's soundtrack!

I had a couple of issues though:
- The soundtrack, although great, I found it a bit excessive. I think the movie could use a couple of songs less.
- The cat-like growling of Cheetah was smart, but I thought it became cartoony when she flat out meowed when she was electrocuted and then drowning.
- The text about Max Lord's whereabouts in the end, was also unnecessary, for me. I mean, we already don't give a damn about the guy, why should we care what he did after the incident? But even if someone liked him as a villain, I still don't think it adds something meaningful.
- Lastly, but this doesn't matter, like, at all, is the extra scene at the end. I just didn't care for that, nothing more.

Overall, if someone found the movie 'ok' and above, then you will love this and it will be your go-to version of the movie! But even if you didn't like the original, I still recommend to give a shot at this edit, it might suprise you!

Thank you Wakeupkeo and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments