FanFix September 23, 2021 7407
(Updated: November 23, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a remarkable edit, as it took one of the worst movies I've seen in recent memory and turned it into something quite enjoyable.

Adding the score that, frankly, should've been there in the first place really makes the movie pop. Why set it in the 80's, film it like a campy 80's movie, and then have Hans Zimmer do an overwrought score for it? Never made sense to me. This is the way it should've been to begin with. It did get maybe a tad too "needle dropy" in places, that Suicide Squad effect, but it works well here because it's fun and fits the overall style of the movie.

I didn't miss anything that was cut, and the shorter runtime makes for a breezy, fast paced movie. This movie was originally a total slog to get through, but at under 2 hours, it's now just right. I also didn't miss the opening flashback sequence. Though cool, it didn't tonally fit the movie to begin with, and really doesn't fit with the changes that were made. A solid cut.

My only criticism is that I don't think the editing of Steve Trevor's arrival quite works. I don't know how else it could've been done save for some deep fake trickery, but it's the only cut in the movie that feels like a cut. It just doesn't flow naturally like the rest of the changes do, but again, it's a tricky cut and the payoff for it is worth it.

That minor quibble aside, this is a stellar fanedit. I can't overstate how much this improved the movie for me. I never wanted to see WW84 again, and now it's one of the better DCEU films. Bravo!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments