wwwings_front
FanFix January 15, 2023 1108
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was fortunate enough to be able to give some feedback from the first draft and the most important parts were addressed. The removal of the body snatcher plot is a much needed boost for this movie. The difficulty of editing Diana's first encounter with Steve is certainly a big challenge and the editor dealt with it quite well. Unfortunately though, it is still very noticeable, but as long as we can let that go, it's not a deal breaker. The majority of the other edits are generally unnoticeable and the film flows well. I'm especially pleased that the editor has retained the bit where Diana learns to fly, a very emotional moment. The ending does suffer for me a little bit. I understand that the editor wanted to take out too much emphasis on things like 'the wall', but the resolution to all these events feels a little abrupt. I would have liked to see what happened with the people in the cafe for example, just a little bit more.
Aside from any slight issues I may have, this edit is certainly my go to version of the film and I do love it very much.
The dedication of the editor should also be applauded as they lost their project files and had to rebuild the entire thing from scratch. Kudos!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments