Special Projects November 21, 2020 16423
(Updated: January 07, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I've seen Blade Runner more times than I can remember. Ridley Scott + Philip K. Dick + Syd Mead = CYBERPUNK. Often imitated, never duplicated; 2049 didn't even come close. I saw The Final Cut when it was first released on the silver screen and thought I'd seen the best version the best way.

But even back in 2007, something bothered me. I couldn't put my finger on it at first. The era of digital color grading was still fairly young, and so was I, unaware of such things. Every version I've watched since, always in a newer format, has had the same unidentifiable issue. Years later I figured it out, but what options did I have?

I've been subconsciously waiting for this correction, I only wished I watched it sooner. With the exception of some slight audio glitches where the soundtrack seemed to strobe or pulse (and only for a couple of minutes early in the film); I don't recall that on any other mix, but I could be wrong. I'm still grading A/V a 10, because the color is perfect. It could also be the smaller 720p file I watched. I'll have to see the 1080p and compare. Either way, who cares, this is the only way I'm watching Blade Runner.

1/7/23 Edit: I compared the 720p version to the 1080p; I found no audio issues with the 1080p.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
Top 500 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments