Special Projects November 21, 2020 16430
(Updated: December 15, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This painstaking restoration will likely remain unparalleled for the next decades and generations of Blade Runner fans. TM2YC took the time to analyze scene by scene any missing visual detail/fidelity in the Final and Director's Cuts which was then re-inserted by rotoscoping it in from other sources! Damn fine work! The only extra audio track I wish I had now is the Final Cut 5.1 mix (sounds just beautiful) with the word "Father" (Final Cut) changed to "Fucker" (original release). This would give me the best audio and visual quality currently available to humanity, maintaining the spirit of the original color grading palette-- as well as the ORIGINAL DIALOGUE. For me to get the original dialogue I unfortunately have to downgrade to the Director's Cut audio. But this release is really just perfect; I have nothing but praise hence the perfect scoring across the board. And if really I want Roy to be foul-mouthed in glorious Final Cut 5.1 I can easily make that little adjustment myself. Thank you TM2YC!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments