br_penultimate_front
Special Projects November 21, 2020 16861
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

What to say... Firstly, I have watched Blade Runner: The Director's Cut, Blade Runner 2008 Extended Edition, as well as the theatrical cut. I just finished TM2YC's edit and I am still digesting it. I have always been a been a fan of seeing extended cuts. I want see what was left on the cutting room floor. I want so see what the director shot but for various reasons left it there. Maybe it was runtime, maybe it was because of poor reception from test audiences, maybe it pressure from studios big wigs, or maybe they questioned their own vision. Additionally, I love Ridley Scott's movies. My preferred version has always been Blade Runner 2008 Extended Edition. Did you say 18 additional minutes of one of my favorite movies? Where do I sign up?

Enough about me. What about this fanedit. It is absolutely outstanding. TM2YC did exactly what he said he was said. He took the "Final Cut" and made it look and feel like it did before remastering. I really appreciate this. Watching this movie feels so satisfying. The question I had for myself is would I "miss" what was in the 2008 Extended fanedit. Short answer, no. Does that mean if I watch the Extended Version I won't notice what was missed in this one? No, of course I'll notice BUT the way TM2YC's edit is done, I don't feel like anything is missing. It feels whole, complete, and damn near perfect. I won't say perfect. Nothing is perfect, but I can't find anything to complain about in this version.

Is it my preferred version now? I don't know. That's going to take multiple viewing to determine. I can see myself watching both this one and the Extended Version every now and then. This one definitely looks better, but again I am a sucker for deleted footage being seamlessly reincorporated into a film. I feel like I'm trying to determine which is my favorite child.

Regardless, if you enjoy Blade Runner, you need to watch this. It is well worth your time. Thank you, TM2YC, for making this. Next up for me, Blade Runner 2049 - Aerodynamik (another TM2YC edit).

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments