Warriors, The: Theatrical Cut Reconstruction (HD)Featured
- The Warriors (TC) PAL DVD
- The Warriors (TC) iTunes HD file
- The Warriors (TC) VHS (for optional soundmix only. Kindly provided by SilverWook)
- The Warriors (Soundtrack) CD (for isolated score track only)
8 Audio Tracks:
- English 2.0 (Vintage VHS) (Provided by SilverWook)
- English 5.1
- English 2.0
- French 2.0
- German 2.0
- Isolated Score 2.0
- Forever Cinematic Commentary
- Pirate Commentary
- English Subtitles (just to have something to accompany the score and commentaries)
- Chapter Menus
- For shots that had digital zooms and pans applied for the DC, I reversed the movement to match the DVD reference and again restored the missing parts of the frame.
- The Comicbook style segments and wipes have been replaced with the original transitions from the DVD. I tried to replace as little of the frame as possible.
- Scenes/shots that had been brightened, or darkened have been corrected. The grade throughout has also been made slightly more "warm".
- The beach finale has been regraded to restore the golden tint of the TC, replacing the washed out blue/grey of the DC. All colour-timing inconsistencies in this scene have been faithfully reproduced from the TC. I felt attempting to fix these went against the spirit of the project.
The Warriors has always been a favorite of mine in Walter Hill's filmography. This attempt at recreating its theatrical cut in the most accurate, high-quality fashion possible is nothing short of flawless. TM2YC once again does a spectacular job editing-wise, creating what is by far the definitive version of this gem of a film.
View all my reviews (1)
I reformatted this down to a .mkv, so I hope I didn't lose anything and I don't want to think it affects my review at all, but I'm throwing that out there to start. Also, having only had the Directors cut of the film and only seen that cut to date, I can't speak to how perfectly this restoration stacks up to the original theatrical cut, but I think the best review I can give it is that I largely couldn't tell what had been cut back into the movie and what was already there.
Most of the transitions are seemless if not close to it, and the movie has enough of it's own rough jump cuts that any extra fit right in. I notice a couple of moments of slight stuttering and a couple abrupt jumps which is why I didn't give it an outright 10 on visual editing/video quality, but otherwise this feels like an absolutely essential restoration that does nothing but improve upon the most widely available release.
Great work. This was badly needed by the fans, and it's THE way to watch the movie.
Highly recommended , sound and picture very very good , almost faultless just a jump cut in the last third slightly missed but i'm being petty , trying to find a fault in a great edit.
Watch it , and relive your teenage years
I highly recommend this version! This is the theatrical version that we should have gotten when it was released on bluray. It's exactly how I remember it now when I first saw it.