Review Detail

9.0 12 10
TV-to-Movie August 15, 2012 2653
(Updated: September 05, 2012)
Enjoyment

November 12, 2011 @ 7:45 am

I really enjoyed this version of The Walking Dead. When one thinks about 93 minutes being cut out, you’d think a major portion of the story is gone, but that just isn’t so. If you haven’t seen this (I know you need to own the DVDs), I’d say this is the version to watch.

ABOUT THE CUTS: My wife (who has also watched the entire series with me) and I both thought the cuts were perfectly done as far as material being left out. Shortly after what would have been the third episode, I mentioned to her about “Ed” being cut and we both agreed that it was not only not noticeable, but obviously a good cut since the story didn’t miss a beat.

I personally think even more could have been cut, but I couldn’t give you specifics as to where I make them. In a TV series, you’re going to have a lot of drama mixed in with a little action, but the editor managed to keep things moving. Nice job.

TECHNICAL: I’m completely unqualified to make an expert comment, but as a casual observer, I can say the cuts were smooth, the music (except one or two spots) was seamless.

OVERALL: This is the go-to for my second favorite series on TV right now. If it could be cut down to 200 or 220 minutes, I’d probably be even happier :)

Love the work. Keep it up!
D
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments