valerianlost_front
FanFix February 01, 2022 2473
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Overall Malthus' edit is far superior to the original, but I don't think there is any way of saving this film for me. Even without the horrible love plot the writing in this movie is still pretty bad, and the acting of the each lead just takes me out of it. But while I absolutely hated the original, I did enjoy this much more. Malthus did an incredible job here.

The world and visuals are still amazing. Video and audio quality is great (though the credits were weirdly loud. I had to turn it way down). Much less cringe and better pacing throughout. Editing is tight and I didn't notice any cuts for the most part, except for Bubbles' removed death scene, which I saw a tentacle coming out for one shot. I wasn't sure if that was on purpose.

This edit is a tremendous upgrade from the original, but I'm not sure any amount of editing can turn this movie into a great one for me. If you liked the original I think you'll love this edit.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
March 19, 2022
There is an updated link with the credit audio fixed. The bubble tentacle is intentional. It's her "waving goodbye".
M
malthus
1 results - showing 1 - 1