Shorts October 26, 2014 3646
(Updated: November 06, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The music totally worked for me and turned every scene into one of greater dread. I once thought the techno soundtrack for T1 fit the movie like a hand in mailed glove, but this aural outing actually made me feel in a more visceral way how desperate Sarah & Kyle were, the holyshit danger. Take the word "stark" and wizardly turn it into a short fanedit, and you get this.

In a very good/mysterious/surreal way, this piece reminds me of Dwight Fry's Spidey edit, in that it transports you on a most deliciously fucked-up wonderbus.

I was hoping the narrative would mess with the time travel elements. Conveniently, the Terminator franchise is bulging with this particular fanediting raw material. The story here is a condensed version of the theatrical telling, nicely done, but it misses an opportunity to put a twisty wrinkle on a well-known plot.

The video seemed a bit juddery to me, and I can't tell whether it's a Vimeo conversion problem or a whatnot amongst whatnots. No biggie.

Folks, this is the kind of thing you can show fanediting virgins (or the recently devirginized) to give them a taste of the alternate life of a movie. I look forward to more edits by DominicCobb. Make them and send them back through time.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments