FanMix March 04, 2022 2862
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

SUG is Dead - Long live UGS.
I dont know how this happened, i like UGS better than SUG and i gave SUG already only 10´s.
Wraith did not only create a brilliant Fanedit here, no, he created a new Universe, a different spin that i was not expecting and i was a bit afraid of, to be honest.

When i watched Split Unbreakable Glass (SUG) some weeks ago, i went thru 3,5 hours of Film.
Already deconstructed and put together differently, so that the whole xperience shines light in some corners, that havent been lit before.
i liked it and my thoughts on that are written in a review.

It wasnt long after that, when i said to myself: "this Wraith guy, he said something like `Wait till you see UGS` ...i wonder what he ment".
And so i did find myself starting Unbreakable Glass Split (UGS) not long after and boy, what a treat.
I can not imagin what kind of work went into doing this (no, i have not yet watched the Making of) - i wonder if his house was full of Post its, or Maps laying out the whole storylines, so that he can cut and weave, like a tailor, to his own liking.

The Suit he tailored fits so good, the cuts made are brave and so unexpected sometimes.
To be so bold to remove Main Characters from a Film just to make the whole structure even more logical, was mind blowing.

I like this Edit better than SUG because it gave me a feeling that i havent gotten from the Originals and or SUG.
This Edit made the difference, it left me thinking more, asking more and frankly - it will be watched again, for its brilliant editing and use of music and overall the Idea to use the same material for a far different watch is just overwhelmingly good.

Before you all get diabetic from all the sugar coating that my review turned out to be, go and watch it yourself.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
V
Top 100 Reviewer 47 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments