9.4 3 10
FanFix November 20, 2018 13592
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit plays out like a dream, heightening the nostalgia in Twin Peaks The Return, successfully matching this version's subtitle.

The music is the strongest point, elevating innumerous scenes and helping them match the humor, melodrama, and tension akin in the original 90s program. Overall, this shift is aesthetic is also shaped by the editing, following a tighter narrative that better celebrates original cast. This concludes in a cleverly serviceable, gloveless climax that I will not spoil here.

Making cuts to The Return's narrative does sacrifice some powerful elements, namely Richard Horne's depiction as a tragic sociopath, along with other side characters that help to shape the modern world of Twin Peaks. Otherwise, the choice of using The Pink Room track in the place of Sharp Dressed Man, in addition to cutting the scene to remove Freddy's glove antics, makes for an awkward conclusion to the scene's end.

My only other nit is that warming the color tone can cause some scenes to appear burnt out, almost sepia, but I can justify this with the heightened, dreamlike atmosphere that ReddinoX successfully captures in this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments