trueromancehyper_front
FanMix December 01, 2022 1229
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

What a blow! When ask about what's my favorite Tarantino movies, True Romance always ends among my top 5 favorites despite it not directed by QT, Tony Scott is a legendary filmmaker, but the directing style in the original film is too "classic", I always felt that this story deserved a more boosted/Tarantin-Esque directing style. And True Romance: A Hyperviolent Cut lived up to my expectations, I'm not too much into the grindhouse grainy photography, but man it works so damn well here! The non-linear storytelling adds more punch to the narrative. The musical aspect was top-notch, with great choices of songs, perfectly balanced to capture the Tarantino essence without leaning into a jukebox movie. And of course, big cherry on top of that huge creamy cake, the extra-violence VFX, probably the best special effects I've ever seen in a fanedit, it's a real massacre, I was literally "blown away" by how professional it looked, especially that satisfying moment where Gandolfini's head went boom, but the most impressive one, was that huge hole in Clarence's eye, you really put some hard work in this!
Amazingly well-crafted edit! I can't recommend it enough for any QT fan.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
December 13, 2022
Poor Clarence... but I loved in the screenplay how he summed up the whole movie in the very first scene. Hopefully even with the gravely wounded eye, he was still a "good looking corpse."
K
krausfadr
1 results - showing 1 - 1